The Chemistry (Biochemistry) graduate curriculum offered by the California State University Sacramento prepares students for careers in industry and teaching and for entry into PhD and professional programs.
All new graduate students must take two placement exams, in organic and physical chemistry, administered at the beginning of each semester. These exams cover topics commonly found in undergraduate courses. Exam results are used to determine undergraduate deficiencies in these areas of chemistry. All deficiencies must be removed by either taking and passing with a grade of "B" an appropriate undergraduate course or by taking again and passing the placement exam. A placement exam can be taken only twice; if the exam is not passed after the second attempt, the appropriate undergraduate course must be completed with a minimum grade of "B" in the first attempt.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spectrometric Identification of Compounds
- Separation Methods in Chemistry
- Applications of Computational Chemistry
- Selected Topics in Chemistry
- Topics in Interdisciplinary Chemistry
- Topics in Synthetic Chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 472 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- a BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry or its equivalent as determined by the graduate committee;
- two letters of recommendation from persons qualified to judge the applicant's potential for successful graduate study
- a personal statement describing the applicant's motivation for seeking a master's degree, why the Sacramento State Chemistry department was selected for pursuing this degree, and the area of advanced study within chemistry, biochemistry or education research the applicant plans to focus
- an online application for admission; and
- two sets of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, other then Sacramento State.
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.