They are designed to address the diverse needs of each type of graduate-level biology student. Both programs offered at the University of Bridgeport cover a wide-range of biological sub-disciplines, such as toxicology, ecology, and genetics, to prepare you for greater opportunities both professionally and academically.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Biology: This option emphasizes design and execution of experimental work. In this program, you will be required to complete a thesis featuring your original research. Students in this program will most likely be pursuing terminal degrees following the completion of their degree.
Master of Arts (M.A.) in Biology: This option emphasizes career building. As a student in the M.A. degree program, you will have the option of pursuing an internship or completing your degree with coursework only. Students in the M.A. degree program will most likely be working professionals interested in advancing their careers by gaining expertise in the field of biology.
Purpose and Objectives
- Search, read and interpret current biological literature
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the scientific issues of a particular area of biology
- Develop expertise in research methods associated with an area of biology
- Develop professional skills related to work in a specific area of biology or biomedical science
- Integrate techniques, skills, and understanding of scientific principles across various area sub-disciplines of biology.
- Biostatistical Analysis
- Advanced Methods in Molecular Biology
- Tissue Culture
- Microbial/Molecular Genetics
- Advanced Cell Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 495 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or recognized international institution
- Recommended cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.20 or higher
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- International transcripts must include an official course-by-course evaluation of all academic work from an accredited academic evaluating service
- Two letters of recommendation
- One letter must come from a professor, and the second from an additional professor or employer
- Personal statement
- Students are NOT required to submit GRE scores
International11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.