Earn your master’s degree at Yeshiva University with a program that’s been a pioneer in Mental Health Counseling for more than 15 years — one of the first in New York State.
With access to an extensive placement network and studying along with students from our 3 doctoral programs, you will not only be well positioned for success in the field, but also gain an advantage when pursuing your doctorate.
- Become a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) in New York State
- Make a difference in the lives of individuals
- Faculty are all LMHCs practicing in private practice
- You will be prepared to serve the Jewish community and minority communities with the training you’ll receive in multicultural and diversity issues
- Ideal for prospects with a strong interest in helping others with a core background in psychology.
The program has been approved by the New York State Education Department as meeting the requirements for licensure-qualifying programs in mental health counseling. Graduates of this program, with required post-graduate experience, and who pass the NCMHCE examination, are eligible for licensure as Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC) in New York State.
- Developmental Psychology Across the Lifespan
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling
- Basic Principles of Counseling
- Psychopathology: Child, Adolescent & Adult
- Principles in Group Therapy
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Appraisal of Individuals, Couples, Families & Groups
- Statistics, Research and Program Evaluation
- Ethics & Issues in Professional Practice
- Multicultural and Diversity Issues
- Advanced Issues in Mental Health Counseling
- Concepts and Techniques in Mental Health Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1187 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Applications are submitted using the PSYCAS application module.A complete application to the Ferkauf Gradaute School must include the follow basic information:
- Official Undergraduate Transcript
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- 2-3 page Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- General GRE exam scores
International58350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1945 USD per credit during 24 months.
National58350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1945 USD per credit during 24 months.
- $20,860 per semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.