Re-designed MSN-Entry Program
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the NCLEX licensing examination and receive a MSN degree.
The Nursing - Entry program at the Western University of Health Sciences adheres to the nursing education standards from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Master’s Essentials and Quality and Safety in Nursing Education (QSEN). Graduates of the program are prepared to lead patient quality and safety initiatives, apply evidence based practice with interprofessional teams, and lead systems of care delivery.
Why Choose WesternU?
We have a nationally recognized program and offer:
- A rigorous program of study proven to produce graduates who are in demand and highly respected in all service settings
- A small, private, health-focused institution that fosters interprofessional learning
- A college with the highest level of accreditation
- Integrated clinical training that includes a high-tech simulation lab in the pre-licensure phase of the curriculum to help you develop clinical and communication skills
- Experienced and clinically current faculty
- A long humanistic tradition of treating patients as people first; treating students with respect; and fostering camaraderie among students
- Outstanding student support services including tutoring and disability resources
- A diverse student body and rich array of student clubs and volunteer opportunities
- A Southern California location with tremendous clinical training opportunities as well as access to major cultural and recreational resources
- A chance to join WesternU’s well-respected nursing alumni, who enjoy a lifelong connection with the University
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Patient Centered Cases– An Interprofessional Approach
- Evidence Based Practice and Theory
- Health Assessment
- Clinical Practicum: Health Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Nursing Health Sciences View 777 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from a regionally accredited U.S. institution
- Two reference forms to be completed by supervisor or faculty (non-relative) who can address the applicants’ academic performance and/or work ethic.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for Overall and last 60 semester or 90 quarter units
- Access to a computer meeting the minimum technical standards
- Proof of Legal U.S. Residency – If Required
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – If Required
International57901 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57901 USD per year during 24 months.
National57901 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57901 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pomona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.