With an ever-increasing trend toward healthy lifestyles, this specialization offers students the opportunity to focus on health education within the community and the workplace. Organizations are recognizing the value in assisting employees in staying healthy and fit and lowering stress levels. The Health Promotion degree is designed to focus on the social and psychological sphere of health education. Students will explore topics related to individual and group behaviors, and learn techniques to apply health promotion knowledge to diverse populations.The Health Promotion degree at the University of West Florida Usha Kundu, MD College of Health provides students with the knowledge, skills, and experiences necessary to be leaders in the field of health promotion, prevention, and worksite wellness. A Master of Science degree in Health Promotion prepares students to design, implement, and evaluate interventions that promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles. Coursework reflects current professional standards and practices in the health promotion field. Coursework will prepare the student for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, a competency-based tool used to measure the possession, application and interpretation of knowledge in the Seven Areas of Responsibility for Health Education Specialists.The Master’s degree in Health Promotion program is interdisciplinary and addresses the needs of students from a variety of academic backgrounds. A total of 39 semester hours are required for completion of this program. Electives allow students to further specialize their course of studies in areas of interest within this focus and are carefully chosen in conjunction with their advisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Philosophical Foundations of Health Education
- Health Education Program Planning & Evaluation
- Research Procedures
- Advanced Epidemiology
- Social Marketing in Health Education
- Research Seminar
- Current Issues Worksite Wellness
- Health Education & Interactive Technology
- Nutrition across the Lifecycle
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management View 424 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- An earned bachelor's degree from an institution that is fully accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Be in good standing at all previous institutions of higher learning.
- A score on a nationally standardized graduate admissions test, such as the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or an equivalent that is acceptable for the program to which the student is applying.
- Approval by the department offering the degree to which the applicant is applying.
International1029 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1029 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National463 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State369 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 369 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.