The Department of Mass Communications and Journalism offers programs that are rigorous, accessible, and relevant to industry needs.
Media and Communications graduate program at Norfolk State University leads to the B.S. degree in Mass Communications in one of two tracks: Journalism and General Broadcast. It meets standards of the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications, the national agency of program quality in our discipline. Our graduate program, which leads to the M.A. degree in Media and Communications, is available in three tracks: Media Management, Media Production, and Public Relations.
More informationVisit official programme website
The program leading to the Master of Arts in Media and Communications offers three sequences:
- The Interpersonal Communication sequence has two tracks: Speech Communication and Composition and Language Studies.
- The Mass Communications sequence has two tracks: Media Management and Media Production.
- The Journalism sequence has two tracks: News Editorial Management and Public Relations.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 159 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
- Before applying, applicants should read How to Apply in detail. Applicants can apply online.
- If you choose to apply online, please mail supplemental documents addressed to the appropriate office.
- University level proficiency in English is required at Norfolk State University. All applicants whose native language is not English (including non-matriculating students) must submit proof of English language proficiency.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12690 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.