The main purpose of the Master of Music program at Norfolk State University is to enable its graduates to perform at levels of competence and responsibility equal to the technical and artistic demands of specialist or leadership roles as they are defined within the professional discipline.
The program aims to do the following:
- Encompass related areas of study
- Provide for the attainment of proficiencies requisite to career advancement, and to further professional study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Music Research
- Contemporary Music
- Piano Literature
- History and Philosophy of Music Education
- Current Trends in Music Education
- Administration and Supervision in Music Education
- Analytical Techniques
- Contemporary Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 997 other Masters in Music in United States
- Before applying, applicants should read How to Apply in detail. Applicants can apply online.
- If you choose to apply online, please mail supplemental documents addressed to the appropriate office.
- University level proficiency in English is required at Norfolk State University. All applicants whose native language is not English (including non-matriculating students) must submit proof of English language proficiency.
International25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National25502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25502 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12690 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.