The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program of Stetson University can lead to a career in public and private mental health agencies including inpatient, outpatient and other treatment settings that include business and independent practices that provide clinical mental health consulting. Upon completion of the degree, you will be eligible to apply for licensure as a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern.
Stetson University's CACREP-accredited Clinical Mental Health Counseling program strives to further develop your education in counseling those from diverse academic, geographic, religious and spiritual, ethnic and cultural backgrounds and in preparing you to accept and demonstrate your professional counseling responsibilities with distinction. Course work within the program includes 51 credits of core classes and nine credits of practicum and internship (60 credits in total). Our intention is to prepare you while interacting with a wide-range of developmental, ethnic and cultural groups in a variety of settings.
The mission of the Department of Counselor Education is to educate counseling students--including those from diverse academic, geographic, religious/spiritual, ethnic and cultural backgrounds--in order to prepare them to accept and demonstrate their professional counseling responsibilities with distinction. Students learn to behave ethically, become aware of their personal strengths and resiliency, as well as their professional counseling responsibilities in an effort to apply these skills and self-knowledge to a culturally diverse clientele.
For licensure, upon graduation, students are eligible to apply to the State of Florida as a Registered Mental Health Counselor intern, take the licensure examination (NCMHCE) and accrue the necessary hours to become a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) under qualified supervision.
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues
- Human Relations Methods and Skills
- Group Counseling
- Theories of Counseling
- Human Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 603 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Application for Admission
- $50 Application Fee
- College/University Transcripts: Official transcripts from all previous universities and/or colleges attended
- Recommendations: Three professional and/or academic letters of recommendation that can speak to your success in a graduate program
- Applicant Resume
- Applicant Statement: Statements are typically 1-3 pages typed
- We accept scores from either the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test or the Millers Analogies Test (MAT). Students with earned master's degrees are not required to submit test scores.
- Counselor Education Informational Video: Applicants must watch a 50-minute video as an introduction to Stetson's Counselor Education programs. This video covers important information that Stetson is required to share with program applicants
- Interview and Timed Written Statement
- All applicants for admission whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
International26850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for DeLand
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.