The Advocacy program of Stetson University was designed to foster participants' development into full-spectrum legal advocates by challenging common assumptions about advocacy, encouraging personal growth, and teaching how to couple advocacy skills with sound legal analysis and strategic planning.
With the demanding schedules of practicing attorneys in mind, Stetson's LL.M. in Advocacy program uses a part-time, distance-learning model, similar to our highly successful Online LL.M. in Elder Law program. The vast majority of course work is conducted online through activities such as viewing lectures, contributing to discussion boards, and submitting video content; with in-person participation required 1-2 times per semester. Generally, lectures are prerecorded and students view them at their convenience within a given timeframe. Other components are conducted in real time. Regardless of individual component formats, the program as a whole is designed to be as flexible and convenient as possible.
Why Stetson Law?
Advocacy isn't an afterthought at Stetson; it's our core mission, and it shows. Since U.S. News and World Report began ranking trial advocacy programs, Stetson has been ranked first place 21 times. No other school even comes close.
- Advanced Advocacy
- Advanced Evidence
- Advanced Pretrial Advocacy
- Conducting Effective Discovery
- Teaching Advocacy
- Technology Enhanced Advocacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 88 other Masters in Legal Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for admission to the LL.M. program in Advocacy must have a strong interest in advocacy.
- Experience working in advocacy or related fields is helpful but not required.
- Applicants must also be proficient in the English language and hold a law degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association, or must hold a first law degree from a foreign law school approved by the appropriate authority in that country.
- Foreign applicants must submit the legal credentials that apply in their respective countries of origin.
- Official transcripts showing conferral of degrees from all colleges or universities you attended, including undergraduate, graduate, law and professional schools, must be sent to Stetson Law.
- Please submit a minimum of two letters of recommendation; a maximum of three letters will be accepted.
- Personal Statement and Resume.
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.