Students in the Biochemistry and Cancer Biology at University of North Texas Health Science Center receive training through original research, formal classroom education, problem-based learning, seminars, and journal clubs.
Faculty members are engaged in various aspects of biochemical, biophysical, molecular and cancer research.
The specific research interests of faculty cover a wide range of topics, including signal transduction, posttranslational protein modification in health and disease, protein structure and function, protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions, metabolism, molecular carcinogenesis, tumor immunology, stem cell biology, tumor invasion and metastasis, tumor microenvironment, cancer therapeutics, drug resistance, drug metabolism, drug delivery, drug discovery, nanotechology/imaging, epigenetic effects on cancer risks, alternative medicine therapies of cancer, disorders of lipid metabolism in atherosclerosis, lipoprotein metabolism and biophysics of muscle contraction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students may choose faculty advisors according to their research interests. During the first year, students will acquire sufficient background in biomedical sciences, including biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, pharmacology, microbiology and immunology.
- The students will have the opportunity to rotate in research laboratories prior to selecting their mentors. Students will take two discipline specific courses as well as additional elective courses based on their needs and interests. MS students are expected to graduate in approximately two years, whereas PhD students usually require five years to complete the degree.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biochemistry Genetics View 213 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application (opens November 15th for the 2020 application cycle)
- $50 application fee (waived for McNair scholars with documentation of participation)
- Official transcripts from each and every college/University attended
- A course-by-course evaluation from IACE, WES or ECE is also required for transcripts from institutions outside the U.S.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official entrance examination scores are required for the Medical Science Cohort (on campus) depending on the program of interest: MCAT, DAT, PCAT or GRE.
- Supplemental materials may be submitted (i.e. personal statement, GRE score, certificates, etc.) but are not required unless designated by application requirements per program Program Specific Application Processes.
International9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9825 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9825 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State3275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3275 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.