At Microbiology from University of Wisconsin La Crosse students work with a faculty mentor in any aspect of microbiology, including environmental microbiology, microbial ecology, food and industrial microbiology, bacterial physiology, genetics, immunology, infectious disease microbiology and more.
- Food production/fermentation industries
- Food, dairy and water testing companies
- Hospital and Public health labs
- Waste and wastewater treatment
- Biotechnology companies
- Medical diagnostic companies
- Large pharmaceutical companies
- Chemical companies
- Cosmetic companies
- Research laboratories
- Environmental testing laboratories
- Bioremediation companies
- Forensics labs
- Quality assurance in many industries
- Technical writing or sales
- Pathogenic Bacteriology
- Immunology Laboratory
- Prokaryotic Molecular Genetics
- Virology Laboratory
- Bacterial Physiology
- Industrial and Fermentation Microbiology
- Fermentation Microbiology Laboratory
- Aquatic Microbial Ecology
- Plant Microbe Interactions
- Mechanisms of Microbial Pathogenicity
- Symposium in Microbiology
- Advanced Genetics
- Biodegradation and Bioremediation of Environmental Contaminants
- Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMicrobiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 288 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- A minimum course of one introductory microbiology course (MIC 230 Fundamentals of Microbiology or equivalent).
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.85 on a 4.00 scale, an average of at least 3.00 in the last half of all undergraduate work, or an average of at least 3.00 for no less than 12 semester credits of graduate study at another accredited graduate school.
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Average scores in the 40th percentile or higher are strongly recommended.
- Three current letters of recommendation should be sent under separate cover.
- An application letter
- Academic records
- Course-by-Course Evaluations
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of funding
- Passport copy
- $56 Application Fee
International20110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10055 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10055 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10124 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5062 USD per semester during 12 months.
MN resident: $6,619 per semester.
Living costs for La Crosse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.