Graduate work in the Music Education degree program from University of Central Arkansas is designed to provide advanced professional training. Other Master of Music concentrations provide specialized study in performance, conducting, and music theory.
Graduate Assistantships are available in all areas and are awarded based on merit. For theory, a score of 75% or better on the UCA music theory entrance exam is required. For performance and conducting areas, an audition with area faculty is required. For conducting and education areas, a taped performance of the applicant’s ensemble is required.
- Linear Analysis
- Analytical Techniques for Twentieth-Century Music
- Seminar in Music Theory
- Analysis of Music of the 18th and 19th Centuries
- Nineteenth-Century Music
- Twentieth-Century Music
- Eighteenth-Century Music
- Music in the Baroque Era
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- It is recommended that you submit your Graduate School application at least one month before the semester you wish to start.
DisciplinesEducation Music Musicology View 3468 other Masters in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Arkansas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 OR at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
- Minimum 3.00 GPA on any graduate course work taken at another accredited institution
- Test Scores – Most of our programs do not require standardized test scores. If the program requires scores for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or GMAT, the scores must be less than five years old. Register to take the GRE on the ETS website and send your scores to UCA. UCA’s GRE institution code is 6012. See the UCA Graduate Bulletin for program-specific admission requirements.
- Program-specific admission requirements – These vary by program and include items such as test scores, interviews, etc.
International24273 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 783 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24273 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 783 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 498 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.