The Health Sciences for Physician Assistants Program at Weill Cornell Medical College offers a rigorous and thorough foundation in generalist medicine and primary care education, striving for a balanced curriculum that provides students with fundamental principles of clinical practice along with training in general surgery and the surgical subspecialties.
Consistent with the mission of its sponsoring institution, the MSHS PA Program offers a course of study to advance the art and science of medicine, thereby contributing to the betterment of health care at both national and community levels and to the PA Profession through clinical practice, research and other scholarly endeavors.
The following specific educational objectives have been established for the Physician Assistant Program. Upon completion of this program, the student will demonstrate appropriate:
- Fund of knowledge in surgery, medicine and primary care to allow entrance into clinical practice and to serve as a foundation for learning throughout the graduate’s career. Students who discern an interest in medicine in addition to surgery will be allowed to follow a medical track of elective rotations.
- Development of behavior, suitable for inclusion in the medical profession, including abilities to function as an integral part of a medical team, to accept constructive criticism, and to assume increasing degrees of responsibility under proper supervision
- Mastery of technical skills including patient assessment techniques (i.e. history taking, physical examination skills), proficiency with oral and written clinical presentations, and facility with surgical procedures appropriate for level of training
- Understanding of surgical sciences as the program places emphasis in clinical surgical training. Students will demonstrate proficiency in the pre-operative evaluation and preparation of patients, operating room skills, and caring for the patients in the post-operative period.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued to the Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Cornell University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.
- Physician Assistant
- Medical Interview
- Physical Diagnosis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 2086 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CASPA Application
- Prerequisite Coursework
- Graduate Record Examination
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Computer Literacy
- Grade Point Average
- Health Care Experience
- Letters of Reference
- Community Service
- Secondary PA Program Application and Interviews
International30420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15210 USD per semester during 36 months.
National30420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15210 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.