Students in the Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology and Genetics program of theUniversity of Minnesota have the chance to work with a number of faculty their first year on campus both in the MCDB&G and BMBB programs before choosing a particular lab and topic of study. Our faculty and students explore areas of research ranging from neurodegeneration, to cancer therapy and computational biology. As an MCDB&G graduate student, you’ll join this research.
In addition to your work in the lab, we know a key to student success is building community. That’s why we created elements of our graduate program to help you create connections with peers and faculty, from an offsite, immersive orientation to social hours with fellow graduate students.
You can also take advantage of our location in the heart of the Twin Cities, the Midwest’s second largest metropolitan area. Renowned for a high quality of life, affordability and prosperous economies, Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding neighborhoods offer a chance to take in diverse cultures, foods and activities.
- Genetics & Genomics in Human Health
- Genetic Counseling Skills and Practice
- Genetic Counseling in Practice
- Genetic Counseling Research Seminar
- Medical Genetics
- Behavioral Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 30 to 55 credits
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 1272 other Masters in Biology in United States
- GPA of 3.3 or better
- A solid foundation in basic biology, along with biochemistry and genetics
- Though not required, recommended academic preparation includes one year each of calculus, organic chemistry, and physics
- Laboratory research experience is often the distinguishing feature of a successful application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide letters of recommendation from supervisors of laboratory research work
- Online application
- Application fee
- Transcripts (either official or unofficial accepted)
- Personal Statement (mention which U of MN faculty you are interested in. Description of research should also be included, it does not have to be a separate document)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Diversity Statement (optional)
- CV or resume (optional but recommended)
- English Language test scores (TOEFL or IELTS, international students only)
International29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 24 months.
National29864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29864 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State19754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19754 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.