The goal of the Ocean, Coastal, and Earth Sciences program at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is to provide students a unique integrative education and training experience that prepares them to meet the challenges and opportunities in the multiple dimensions of contemporary marine, coastal, and environmental science disciplines.
Specifically, the OCES program targets students wishing to pursue a graduate degree with the intention of entering the work force to contribute their gained expertise and comprehensive understanding of complex ecological and resource systems made up of biotic and abiotic components coexisting and interacting with human communities and relevant socio-economic activities in ocean and coastal zone environments.
- Ranked #79 among 300+ national universities by Washington Monthly in 2018
- Accredited, cutting edge degree program
- Experienced, dedicated faculty
- Affordable tuition (ranked #1 in net price among national universities by Washington Monthly in 2018 and #3 most affordable university in America 2018 by BestValueSchools.com)
- Systems Science and Applications Seminar
- Ecosystem Management and Social-Ecological Resiliency
- Systems Science Issues and Applications Seminar
- Coastal and Deltaic Processes
- Hydrologic Systems
- Adaptations to Aquatic Environments
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Students are encouraged to apply at least 2 months before classes start to ensure a timely application review.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 201 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- GRE General Test with minimum GRE scores of: Verbal 153 and Quantitative 144 are required. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A waiver of the GRE requirement will be granted to applicants who show proof of completing a graduate degree (master’s or doctoral).
International32500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National32500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32500 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State17776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17776 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.