M.S. Childhood Education students at Ithaca College participate in two student teaching internships, one in grades 1-3 and the other in grades 4-6. Experienced mentor teachers provide modeling and ongoing feedback throughout the internships. College faculty meet regularly and work closely with the Childhood Education students and their mentors in shared discussions and analyses of teaching and learning.
Reflective practice and teacher research are core components of the professional experience. Students meet weekly in collegial seminars to engage in critical reflection on their teaching practices and to support one another's professional development. Each Childhood Education student explores a professional development issue in a teacher inquiry self-study project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Language, Literacy, and Culture
- Teaching and Learning in Diverse Elementary Schools
- Language Development and Second Language Acquisition
- Curriculum and Instruction in Elementary School Science
- Students participate in a local-area field experience during Summer Session
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application files will be considered on an ongoing basis, with preference given to those applicants whose files are complete by February 15.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1661 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- $40 application fee (A nonrefundable $40 application fee must accompany the application for admission.)
- official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended
- letter(s) of recommendation
International28131 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 802 USD per credit during 13 months.
National28131 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 802 USD per credit during 13 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.