The graduate program in electrical engineering consists of research and study leading to the master of science degree in electrical engineering (MS EE) and multidisciplinary PhD degrees in materials engineering and science, nanoscience and nanoengineering, and biomedical engineering. In special cases, with the consent of the graduate committee of the electrical and computer engineering department, students may elect to do research in association with another engineering or science department.
The prospective student should have completed a baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering. Applicants from universities that are not accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) are generally required to submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores from the General Test with their application. Depending on the student's undergraduate background, and at the discretion of the electrical and computer engineering graduate committee, graduates of other institutions may also be required to take one or more courses of preparatory undergraduate work in addition to their graduate program of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Electromagnetics
- Controls and Autonomous Robotics Systems
- Power Systems and Power Electronics
- Communications and Networking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 320 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- Completed application form. Submit Online -- or paper applications are also accepted. $35.00 application fee, payable online by credit card at the time of application or by check or money order via postal mail.
- Official transcripts from all U.S. institutions attended, if applicable. Transcripts must be sent directly to SDSM&T by the issuing institution. Transcripts sent directly by the applicant are not accepted. Scanned copies are not accepted. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is typically required; students with exceptional ability may apply with less than 3.0 GPA.
International782 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 782 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National782 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 782 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State455 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 455 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.