The Electrical Engineering graduate program at South Dakota School of Mines & Technology in electrical engineering consists of research and study leading to the master of science degree in electrical engineering (MS EE) and multidisciplinary PhD degrees in materials engineering and science, nanoscience and nanoengineering, and biomedical engineering. In special cases, with the consent of the graduate committee of the electrical and computer engineering department, students may elect to do research in association with another engineering or science department.
The prospective student should have completed a baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering. Applicants from universities that are not accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) are generally required to submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores from the General Test with their application. Depending on the student's undergraduate background, and at the discretion of the electrical and computer engineering graduate committee, graduates of other institutions may also be required to take one or more courses of preparatory undergraduate work in addition to their graduate program of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Electromagnetics
- Controls and Autonomous Robotics Systems
- Power Systems and Power Electronics
- Communications and Networking
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 308 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United States
- Applicant files will not be considered for acceptance until all of the required application materials are received. Applications completed by the deadlines listed will, in most cases, receive a decision within one month or less of the deadline.
- Applications for campus enrollment can be considered after the stated deadlines in most programs, but timely admittance and/or funding may be affected. Self-funded international applicants are typically considered up to 90 days prior to the semester start date (60 days for domestic U.S. applicants)
International14525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14525 USD per year during 12 months.
National14525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14525 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8440 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rapid City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.