The Master of Arts in Education programs offer a best practice, research-based curriculum with a foundation in the liberal arts. Candidates demonstrate proficient to distinguished performance through the following criteria: individual course assessments, field and clinical evaluations, disposition assessments, anchor assessments, and standardized exams.
Why earn your MAEd at Bellarmine University?
As our theme, “Educator as Reflective Learner” suggests, our candidates are integrally involved in ongoing reflective practice as master educators in their classrooms, schools, and communities. Reflective teachers use the world of practice, knowledge of pedagogy, knowledge of the learner, and knowledge of content personally to evaluate their effectiveness. This continuous process provides master teachers with a basis for self evaluation that results in leadership development for school improvement.
Advanced teacher candidates will participate in ongoing evaluation through the use of an individualized Professional Growth Plan, Anchor Assessments within identified courses, Dispositions Assessments at specified transition points, and a final culminating project within the candidate’s emphasis or endorsement area. Each candidate will work closely with his/her faculty advisor to review regularly progress toward the degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology for School Leaders
- Teacher Leadership for Equity in Schools & Community
- Dynamic Teacher Leadership
- Teacher Leadership for Communities of Practice
- Literacy Assessment and Instruction
- Teaching Writing: A Workshop Approach
- 21st Century Literacies and Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) overall grade point average for all undergraduate coursework.
- A 3.00 grade point average in the applicant’s undergraduate major.
- Recommendations from professors, employers, or supervisors attesting to the applicant's potential as a graduate student.
- A letter of intent to pursue the graduate degree; the letter should include a statement of the applicant’s professional goals and application rationale (two pages).
- Official transcripts of all previous higher education course work from regionally accredited institutions in sealed envelope from the institution.
- A license or certification that is relevant to the program to which the applicant is making application.
- Additional information is required from international applicants; see the MAEd admission application form for more information.
International14760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.