We offer a master degree in Divinity at the Hellenic College Holy Cross. MDiv candidates develop knowledge, sensitivity, and faithfulness to the Church’s liturgical life through daily worship.
Directed formation opportunities and supervised field education connect classroom learning to real-life experience. MDiv graduates become priests, deacons, theologians, chaplains, religious educators, youth ministers, or pursue further graduate studies in a variety of disciplines.
- Understand and articulate in a pastorally sensitive manner the Orthodox tradition in its biblical, patristic, dogmatic, canonical, ethical, and missionary aspects with an ecumenical sensitivity, an awareness of the present realities of life, and commitment to the Church.
- Identify and analyze the issues involved in various dimensions of pastoral ministry by incorporating learned practical competencies, spiritual integration, and theological reflection.
- Church History
- Liturgical Greek
- Old Testament
- Religious Education
- Youth Ministry
- Byzantine Music
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 600 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Completed online application
- Personal essay
- Interview with the Director of Admissions (in person, by Skype, or on the phone)
- Official copy of all transcripts documenting your undergraduate and graduate work
- Evaluation from one instructor (or employer if you have been out of school for more than one year)
- GRE test scores (waived for students who have already earned graduate degrees, or who earned a 3.5 cumulative GPA or better in their undergraduate studies. Code #3449)
- Priest’s recommendation
International21940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21940 USD per year during 12 months.
National21940 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21940 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brookline
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.