Students can acquire the core knowledge and skill set needed to work in the competitive field of behavior analysis and to consider further study beyond the master’s level.
Our Counseling program includes a course sequence that has been verified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB; see information about verified course sequences and pass rates* here) to meet the educational coursework requirements to apply to the BACB to take examinations related to becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Eligibility requirements are determined by the BACB, and may be found here. The program is also designed according to the current requirements for licensure in Massachusetts.
Our program includes a course sequence that has been verified by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board to meet the educational coursework requirements to apply to the BACB to apply to take examinations related to Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). The full master’s program curriculum consists of 24-30 seminar credits plus 15 to 16.5 credits that include electives, faculty-sponsored directed study, master’s projects or theses, and an exam review course, for a total of 42-43.5 credits.
Salem State University's mission is to provide a high quality, student-centered education that prepares a diverse community of learners to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society, and serve as a resource to advance the region's cultural, social and economic development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioral and Cognitive Behavioral Therapies
- Principles of Psychological Testing
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Behavioral Principles of Learning
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavioral Assessment
- Small N Research Design & Analysis
- Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Applied Behavioral Analysis
For more information please visit the program website.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Counselling View 250 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation
- Three references
- Official copy of scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) taken within the last five years. Those who already hold a master's degree or higher are exempt from this requirement. Review complete testing information.
- English Proficiency, if applicable for International applicants
- Statement of purpose
International10378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per year during 12 months.
National10378 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8758 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.