Mental Health Counseling from Westfield State University helps students become people who are flexible, imaginative, good people handlers and can think critically about concepts and society. Psychology majors are prepared to succeed in any career path that involves people—as clients, co-workers, employees, and bosses.
Some areas graduates work in are:
- Business and industry
- Community and public relations
- Health and human services
- Theories of Counseling
- Counseling Basics with Supervision
- Principles and Practices of Psychological Testing
- Psychopathology: Diagnosis & Treatment of Adults
- Dynamics of Group Counseling
- Basic and Applied Research
- Advanced Counseling with Supervision
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Ethics and Standards in the Mental Health Profession
- Counseling Diverse Populations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Psychology View 2166 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Westfield State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants with a firm foundation in psychology, education, or related field are highly preferred.
- A 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA.
- Applicants must submit three letters of reference, including at least one academic reference.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement that describes (1) reason for interest in the field, (2) assessment of personal strengths and limitations, and (3) goals of graduate study.
- Applicants must submit a professional vitae or resume
- Attend a formal interview with members of the graduate admissions committee.
- Submit passing scores in Communication and Literacy Skills portions of the Massachusetts Educators Certification Tests (MTEL).
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Application and $50 application fee
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended.
International11490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 383 USD per credit during 24 months.
National11490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 383 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.