Between residencies, students work under the guidance of a regionally based artist/mentor who conducts monthly studio visits and critiques. Online art history and critical studies courses forge greater understanding of contemporary art history and issues in contemporary studio practice, and strengthen the cohort through interactive discussion space.
- Develop a professional studio practice, with personal content and vision
- Advance technical knowledge and skill across media selected by the student
- Develop the ability to critique peers’ work across disciplines
- Understand one’s work in relation to contemporary art and art history
- Develop awareness and understanding of the diverse cultural, historical, and experiential issues expressed and inherent in one’s own artwork and in that of one’s peers
- Develop presentations skills including public speaking and written artists’ statement
- Exhibit one’s work in a professional setting and in a professional manner
- Develop knowledge of major historical and cultural characteristics of specific times /places. Infer relationships between society and art
- Recognize various types of texts used in art historical analysis, and evaluate their content and effectiveness. Use various ideas, approaches and facts in the analysis of art. Formulate, research and argue a hypothesis. Articulate verbally and in writing, theoretical and critical perspectives on art
- Recognize the impact of historical works of art on contemporary art
More informationVisit official programme website
- Major Studio
- Graduate Seminar
- Studio Elective or Art Ed Elective
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 519 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application Form
- $90 Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Post-Secondary/College Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Course Descriptions and Syllabi
International780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National780 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 780 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.