Graduates of the Social Work program will:
- Engage in advanced-level social work practice that is informed by the best available evidence
- Understand the impacts of culture, oppression, and human diversity in a multi-cultural society.
- Apply social work at Rhode Island College ethical principles to guide their professional practice.
- Advance social and economic well-being and deliver effective social work services through policy practice.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment to work with individuals, groups, families, organizations, and communities.
- Identify as professional social workers and conduct themselves accordingly.
The M.S.W. program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Behavior, Diversity, and Oppression I
- Generalist Foundation and Skills: Policy and Organizing I
- Human Behavior, Diversity, and Oppression II
- Generalist Foundation and Skills: Direct Practice II
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 379 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- TOEFL minimum score of 81 web-based (213 computer-based or 550 written) or IELTS minimum score of 6.5. See appendix for English language proficiency testing services.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) academic records with a certified course-by-course evaluation and English translation from an approved agency (NACES or AICE). See appendix for a partial list of approved agencies.
- At least three professional reference letters and a personal resume.
- Some programs require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test. Check the individual graduate program for specific requirement.
International898 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 898 USD per credit during 12 months.
National898 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 898 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State462 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 462 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.