Why Rhode Island College?
The M.A. in Psychology is the only terminal master's degree in Rhode Island to offer graduate education in the general science of psychology. The faculty at RIC have expertise in a variety of areas and work closely with students in the classroom and in research. Full-time faculty members teach the courses, and the low student-faculty ratio offers a personalized experience.
Students will attain an understanding of psychological theory and principles, an understanding of the scientific method of inquiry and data analysis, the ability to be critical consumers of psychological literature, and the ability to conduct independent research. The Psychology program at Rhode Island College helps to prepare students to integrate psychological principles and methods of inquiry in applied and/or research settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Design and Analysis
- Seminar in Child and Adolescent Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 303 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- TOEFL minimum score of 81 web-based (213 computer-based or 550 written) or IELTS minimum score of 6.5. See appendix for English language proficiency testing services.
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) academic records with a certified course-by-course evaluation and English translation from an approved agency (NACES or AICE). See appendix for a partial list of approved agencies.
- At least three professional reference letters and a personal resume.
- Some programs require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test. Check the individual graduate program for specific requirement.
International943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
National943 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 943 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 485 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.