The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at California State University East Bay is organized around a cohort model which helps to create a strong sense of connection between classmates. There are eight required classes (28 units) as well as a departmental thesis (2 units). Most students complete the program in two academic years.
- Teach ESOL at community colleges and adult schools
- Teach composition to bilingual students at four-year colleges and universities
- Teach in intensive English programs
- Teach workplace English in the private sector
- Teach English as a foreign language anywhere in the world
- Prepare for Ph.D. study in English studies, linguistics, or education
- Work in a variety of jobs for ESOL textbook publishers
- Develop ESOL materials
- Start a tutoring business
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Oral Skills to Adults
- Phonology, Morphology and Lexical Semantics
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Reading to Adults
- Supervised Tutoring and Teaching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Linguistics View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Pay the 70.00 USD non-refundable application fee.
- Official academic records of all colleges or universities attended (High School Transcripts are not required)
- English language exam score (TOEFL or IELTS)
International15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15546 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8274 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.