The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at California State University East Bay is organized around a cohort model which helps to create a strong sense of connection between classmates. There are eight required classes (28 units) as well as a departmental thesis (2 units). Most students complete the program in two academic years.
- Teach ESOL at community colleges and adult schools
- Teach composition to bilingual students at four-year colleges and universities
- Teach in intensive English programs
- Teach workplace English in the private sector
- Teach English as a foreign language anywhere in the world
- Prepare for Ph.D. study in English studies, linguistics, or education
- Work in a variety of jobs for ESOL textbook publishers
- Develop ESOL materials
- Start a tutoring business
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Oral Skills to Adults
- Phonology, Morphology and Lexical Semantics
- Theory and Practice of Teaching Reading to Adults
- Supervised Tutoring and Teaching
- Multilingualism and Second Language Acquisition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 1897 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 24 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.