In addition, candidates for the Visual Art Education program at The City University of New York are expected to demonstrate sensitivity to secondary student issues and effective management of personal stress or adjustment difficulties.
The goal of the MAT degree program is to:
- fulfill Initial Certification requirements in a content area
- fulfill MAT degree requirements
- fulfill Professional Certification requirements in a content or related area
The MAT degree in Secondary Education at The City University of New York consists of existing courses in State-certified Post-Baccalaureate and MSEd programs in Secondary Education. The MAT program will consist of the existing 24 credits plus 6 credits in advanced pedagogy and 9-12 credits in content courses. Upon completion of the 24 credits in the Post-Baccalaureate program, students are eligible for initial Professional Certification in the content area. Upon completion of the remaining 15-18 credits for the MAT degree, students are eligible for Professional Certification in the content or related area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- the Core Courses that lead to Initial Certification in the content area
- the modules - Modules can either be Content Specialization Courses or Extension Specialization Courses that provide the opportunity for a second area of certification (Special Education, Bilingual Education, or Literacy).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts View 648 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Please include a URL address for an online portfolio (a personal website or Instagram page) of 15 - 20 images of creative work produced in the last 3 years. In the online application in the Personal Data section under Contact Information you will be asked to enter a "Portfolio URL" - include a link to your online portfolio there.
- Applicants must have 30 credit hours in Studio Art as per state certification requirements before being accepted into the program.
- Applicants must submit a complete Master of Art in Teaching worksheet for Art Education with their application
- Results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test are required.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.