At Truman State University, you are treated as an individual, and personal quality time with our professors is assured. Our outstanding vocal and instrumental ensembles are available on a regular basis to graduate conducting students, and opportunities to perform abound. Graduate composers will find musicians are readily available to perform their works.
We offer the Master of Arts degree in:
- Conducting: Vocal Emphasis
- Conducting: Instrumental Emphasis
- Instrumental Performance (Woodwind, Brass, Percussion, Strings)
- Music History/Research
- Piano Performance
- Vocal Performance
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in Contemporary Music
- Directed Readings Music
- Private Study in Composition
- Comprehensive Musicianship
- Graduate Conducting
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting: Band
- Advanced Choral Conducting
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1020 other Masters in Music in United States
- Online application and $40 fee
- Personal statement/interests (uploaded in online application)
- Three letters of recommendation (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts)
- Audition and/or interview
- OPTIONAL: Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) application (available as part of online application)
International17579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17579 USD per year during 12 months.
National17579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17579 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10151 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10151 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kirksville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.