This graduate Music program from Truman State University prepares you to teach music in the studio or classroom, perform with or conduct ensembles, compose or arrange music, pursue further studies, or establish expertise in additional areas.
You work closely with dedicated faculty mentors who are nationally and internationally recognized performers, conductors, composers, and scholars.
Why choose Truman:
- Performance opportunities
- Vocal and instrumental ensembles available to graduate conducting students
- Personalized attention from expert faculty
- Ranked 6th Best Master’s University in the nation
- Directed Readings Music
- Private Study in Composition
- Comprehensive Musicianship
- Graduate Conducting
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting: Band
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Composition View 139 other Masters in Music Composition in United States
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Audition and/or Interview
International14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7200 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Kirksville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.