At Truman, you are treated as an individual, and personal quality time with our professors is assured. Our outstanding vocal and instrumental ensembles are available on a regular basis to graduate conducting students, and opportunities to perform abound. Graduate composers will find musicians are readily available to perform their works.
We offer the Master of Arts degree in:
- Conducting: Vocal Emphasis
- Conducting: Instrumental Emphasis
- Instrumental Performance (Woodwind, Brass, Percussion, Strings)
- Music History/Research
- Piano Performance
- Vocal Performance
- Topics in Contemporary Music
- Directed Readings Music
- Private Study in Composition
- Comprehensive Musicianship
- Graduate Conducting
- Advanced Instrumental Conducting: Band
- Advanced Choral Conducting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 1112 other Masters in Music in United States
- Online application and $40 fee
- Personal statement/interests (uploaded in online application)
- Official GRE test scores (sent directly to Graduate Office)
- Three letters of recommendation (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts)
- Audition and/or interview
- Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) application (optional -available as part of online application)
International28792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28792 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National16365 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16365 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9451 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9451 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.