You benefit from small, personal classes with a student-faculty ratio of 8:1. Your student experiences include but are not limited to cupping, Graston techniques, mental health first-aid training, grant writing, performance enhancement training, and therapeutic communication training.
Through broad-based professional preparation combined with close collaboration with professors and progressive clinical experiences, you’ll graduate from the program with the knowledge, skills and experience to take the national Board of Certification (BOC) exam to become a certified athletic trainer.
Program Clinical Experiences
Truman State University offers a variety of clinical experiences to enhance student learning during every phase of your learning. Some travel may be required. The Truman Athletic Training programs and connections with local facilities provide a variety of learning opportunities. You have the opportunity to work with well-known professionals in the athletic training field. Schedule a visit today to explore these options.
- Athletic Training
- Bracing, Wrapping, and Taping Techniques
- Emergency Care Procedures in Athletic Training
- Therapeutic Modalities
- Athletic Training Evaluation – Lower Extremity
- Functional Anatomy and Movement
- Athletic Training Evaluation – Upper Extremity
- Therapeutic Exercise and Rehabilitative Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications for acceptance into the Master of Athletic Training program may be accepted beginning August 1 for rolling admission.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 336 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application and $40 fee
- Personal Statement (uploaded in online application)
- Three letters of recommendation with accompanying MAT form (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- The prerequisite courses should appear on the transcript and come from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Signed Observation Hours Form
International17579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17579 USD per year during 24 months.
National17579 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17579 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10151 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10151 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kirksville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.