What you will learn
The Counseling - School Counseling MSc program offered at California State University, Fresno is a 48-unit program designed for individuals seeking advanced preparation for careers in educational settings (K-12).
The Counseling - School Counseling program at California State University, Fresno is designed to complement the Pupil Personnel Services Credential (PPS) curriculum and is intended to enhance preparation of public and private school counselors. The PPS credential is required of those seeking employment as counselors in the K-12 public schools.
Preparation for the School Counseling option requires knowledge of individual and group dynamics, advising practices in specialized settings, and an understanding of the developmental issues associated with students' maturation process. It requires an appreciation of organizational dynamics and a firm foundation in counseling theory as well as acquisition of counseling skills appropriate for use with students from diverse populations and backgrounds.
- Laws Relating to Children
- Counseling and Mental Health
- Topics in Counseling
- Collaborative Leadership Skills for Human Services Professionals
- Attention Deficit Disorder: Information & Interventions for Effective Teaching (VESI)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Educational Psychology View 3582 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5075 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.