Our Music Therapy program from Augsburg University offers students who want to become a music therapist a wealth of opportunities to learn in a variety of clinical settings and through online coursework.
To build on that tradition, Augsburg has launched a music therapy graduate program in the Twin Cities. The Master of Music Therapy (MMT) program focuses on health and healing.
Vision and mission of the MMT program
- To prepare students to be leaders in the field, while fostering their passion to serve clients and families, and offer unique learning experiences that allow them to discover and realize their full potential.
- To engage students in life changing experiences, rich in experiential learning, collaborative in nature, fostering a holistic view of the use of music in health, healing and wellbeing.
- To advance the practice of music therapy by preparing students through a hybrid master’s degree program that is innovative, flexible and possesses breadth and depth, designed to meet the changing demands of healthcare.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Psychotherapy
- Music Therapy, Spirituality and Well-being
- Music and Imagery
- Advanced Music Therapy with Infants, Children and Family Centered Care
- Music, Neurology and Physiology
- Music Therapy in Palliative Care
- Music Therapy in Trauma Informed Care
- Transcultural Music Therapy
- Advanced Music Therapy Group Work
- Interdisciplinary Practice & Research Methods in Music Therapy
- Official transcripts from bachelor degree granting institution as well as any institutions where prerequisite or equivalency courses have been taken. Transcripts must also be submitted for any credits earned after earning your bachelor’s degree. Military veterans must submit official transcripts from each school previously attended in order to utilize military benefits.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of Board Certification (if applicable)
- Resume – Submit a resume that outlines your experience as a music therapist
- Personal Statement
International902 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 902 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National902 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 902 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.