In the 1980s, while other schools offered graduate programs to develop managers, Augsburg created a program to develop leaders. The result was the distinctive Master of Arts in Leadership degree and the leadership development model that drives the program. The program’s hundreds of graduates can attest to the difference it’s made in their careers and in their lives.
The goal of the Leadership program from Augsburg University is not only the study of leadership, but also the development of leaders, which transforms the individual during the process.
Students enter the MAL program for many of the same reasons adult students enter other graduate programs — enhancement of current job or career skills, improved opportunities for promotion, change of careers, or personal growth. What students experience in the program is often much less tangible — increased self-confidence, greater willingness to take risks and the ability to communicate more easily in the workplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Leadership
- Responsible Leadership for the 21st Century
- Evaluating Empirical Research
- Self-Identity and Values: Keys to Authentic Leadership
- Organization Theory and Leadership
- Design and Leadership
- Leadership in a Global Society
- Strategic Leadership
- Universal Responsibility and Leadership: A Nicaraguan Experience
- Colloquium of Contemporary Theories of Leadership
- Integrating the Theory and Practice of Responsible Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1675 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Completed application form
- A 1-3 page personal statement in response to the prompts that can be found in the application.
- Recommendation letter from an immediate supervisor, assessing leadership potential
- Recommendation letter from a work colleague (at the same level) describing the applicant’s work style and leadership potential
- Applicants must submit an official transcript(s) from the regionally-accredited institution granting the Bachelor’s degree and the most recently attended institution, if not the same. Military veterans are required to submit all official transcripts from previously attended institutions to qualify for military benefits.
International794 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 794 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National794 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 794 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.