Reading Education programme of Arcadia University’s design teaches the strategies and skills to support the diverse learning needs of students in a connected, multicultural and multilingual society.
There is a strong focus on developing an in-depth knowledge of literacy research, theory and practice in ways that can provide leadership in local schools and school districts. Understanding importance of the structure of language in teaching literacy skills throughout the grades, helps shape the diagnostic, prescriptive model of teaching that is embedded within the program.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Inclusive Education
- Reading Specialist Professional
- Strategic Instruction for Emergent and Content Literacy, K-6
- Strategic Instruction for Adolescent Readers and Writers, 7-12
- Literature for Children
- ESL Multilingual and Multicultural Assessments
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 3090 other Masters in Education in United States
- A graduate application, including personal statements
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Students holding a B.A. or B.S. degree in Education who are seeking an initial teaching certification (Instructional I) must submit passing scores from a provider of one of the approved basic skills assessment tests: PAPA, CORE, SAT or ACT.
- One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended.
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional, not personal nature.
- Applicants for Pennsylvania Teacher Certification Programs must submit current clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Fingerprinting.
- International applicants should visit www.arcadia.edu/international for detailed information on admission requirements and application procedures.
- In addition to the general admission requirements, students must have a portfolio review.
International18720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 18 months.
National18720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Glenside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.