This highly versatile program offers courses in three areas of emphasis—literary studies, cultural studies, and professional and academic writing.
English of Arcadia University enables students to pursue a variety of goals. One could prepare for or advance in a career in instruction; embark on a professional career as a writer; pursue an advanced degree in literary study; be employed in the non-profit sector; or work in the fields of publishing, editing, and technical or professional writing, for example.
The program stresses effective writing in a broad array of genres, critical thinking, and interpretive skills, even as it fosters the growth of initiative and self-confidence—qualities much in demand in today's professional world. Smaller classes and the dedicated attention of graduate faculty ensure a nurturing environment for personal growth.
- Critical Writing for Success
- Theories of Writing
- The History & Teaching of Rhetoric
- Culminating Project
- English Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
After these deadlines, decisions will be made as space allows.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 910 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Complete a graduate application, including personal statements, to be completed online.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better. If the undergraduate degree is not from a Department of English, the undergraduate major can be in another traditional Humanities/Social Science discipline, or in a professional or pre-professional field if accompanied by strong undergraduate training in English Studies.
- One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, an official transcript from the original school must be submitted.
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional not personal nature. If the student has been out of school five years or less, at least one letter must come from a professor.
- An academic writing sample (15-20 pages).
International28080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Glenside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.