Communications Design M.F.A. program at Pratt Institute prepares individuals to pursue design with passion and cultural relevance. Our distinctive program emphasizes design as a means for communicating meaningful messages, organizing information, creating compelling user experiences, and effecting social change. We believe that the most intriguing and successful designers are cultural innovators who use media to inform, persuade, and entertain.
Our graduates develop voices as authors and entrepreneurs engaged in identifying and solving design problems within cross-disciplinary environments. We approach design as an agent of change—a strategy for transforming behaviors of individuals in desirable and sustainable ways.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Studio:Visual Language A
- Graduate Studio:Technology A
- Graduate Studio:Transformation Design A
- Graduate Seminar A
- Origins of Contemporary Communication Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 350 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International57360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57360 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National57360 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57360 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.