All of Arcadia University’s instructors have extensive experience working as certified behavior analysts in the field as well as teaching at the university level. Arcadia’s program is designed to develop professional expertise in behavior analysis and the consultative skills necessary to affect real change in schools, homes, and community settings. All instructors are Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA).
Applied Behavior Analysis provides the most evidenced-based intervention within all of psychology and education. Behavior analytic procedures have been coded into educational law. For example, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act calls for a functional behavioral assessment (FBA) to be conducted prior to suspension of students with disabilities. ABA has helped to support youth and adults with autism, conduct disorders, oppositional defiant disorders, and depression, as well as couples needing therapy. It has served as the basis for educational procedures such as direct instruction and assessment procedures such as curriculum-based measurement. It is essential for professionals functioning within a Response to Intervention Model.
- Concepts and Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Change
- Behavior Analysis and Principles of Development
- Behavioral Consultation in Homes, Schools and Communities
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Cultural Foundations of Education (
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 703 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A graduate application, including personal statements, to be completed online.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Students holding a B.A. or B.S. degree in Education who are seeking an initial teaching certification (Instructional I) must submit passing scores from a provider of one of the approved basic skills assessment tests: PAPA, CORE, SAT or ACT.
- One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended.
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional, not personal nature.
- Applicants for Pennsylvania Teacher Certification Programs must submit current clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Fingerprinting.
- International applicants should visit www.arcadia.edu/international for detailed information on admission requirements and application procedures.
International28080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Glenside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.