The MS degree in Historic Preservation at Pratt Institute, a 47-credit, four-semester program, uniquely addresses both the physical aspects of preservation and the role this discipline plays within a larger context of design, community revitalization, redevelopment and adaptive reuse, and sustainability.
The curriculum builds on the energy of New York City as an important epicenter of historic preservation in the United States, and the program is located in Brooklyn—a longtime bastion of civic engagement and innovation around preservation issues. Classes take place on Pratt’s historic Brooklyn campus and are concentrated on two days a week to make internships and employment easier.
More informationVisit official programme website
- History and Theory of Preservation
- Architecture & Urban History: Europe Middle East, Asia
- Building Technology
- Preservation Law & Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 491 other Masters in History in United States
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International45888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45888 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National45888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45888 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.