Year 01 introduces students to a variety of technologies, methods, and modes of approaching architecture. While all of the courses are related, they also dive deeply into their four curricular areas (Design, History-Theory, Architectural Mediums, and Building Technologies) allowing students to gain an understanding of the differing praxes that influence architectural design. Studio projects transition from a focus on the mediums and methods deployed to develop a design to a focus on the qualities, interiority, and use of a building.
The Architecture (First-Professional Degree) courses at Pratt Institute both engage first principles as well as cutting-edge thinking and practices. For students with an interest in Directed Research and who want to extend their learning through the summer two International Programs in Havana and Rome offer students an introduction to those themes as well as a seminal understanding of how to see and engage the city as an architect. Both courses may be taken consecutively.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Design 2: Interiorities & Contexts
- Mediums 2: Advanced Modeling & Drawing
- Structures 2: Materialities and Qualitie Qualities
- H/T 2: Design, Knowledge, and Context
- Design 3: Urban Qualities & Materials Materialities
- H/T 3: Materiality and Cities
- Technology 1: Environmental Controls
- Technology 2: Materials & Assemblies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture View 302 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International53536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53536 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National53536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53536 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.