Intense study, intellectual examination and historical understanding combined with the vast creative offerings in Dallas/Fort Worth prepare you for a career as a professional artist. Emerge from three years of vigorous study equipped with both the practical and the theoretical knowledge to immerse yourself in the art world and marketplace.
Graduates from the Art program of University of Dallas are represented by galleries nationally, exhibit internationally, and teach in universities throughout the country.
Specialize in ceramics, painting, printmaking or sculpture.
Get involved in the artistic and scholarly environment of the Haggerty Art Center, with stimulation provided by independent study offerings and on-campus and Dallas/Fort Worth area exhibitions and collections, as well as visiting artists and lecturers. All of these construct the real environment needed for growth in the arts.
Contemporary art making from conception through construction and exhibition
The University of Dallas's graduate art curriculum pairs the study of visual art from historical, theoretical and critical perspectives with disciplined studio practice in an effort to define a clear understanding of the work and its evolution. Students work with the entire graduate art faculty through independent studies, one-on-one critique sessions and group evaluations to diverse perspectives on his/her work. A strong commitment and dedication to the process of creating art and sound critical thinking are characteristic of our students.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Ancient Art
- History of American Art
- Art of the Italian Renaissance
- Special Studies in Art History
- Medieval Art
- Northern Renaissance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Fine Arts View 431 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed online application form
- A $50 non-refundable application fee (paid online)
- Three letters of recommendation - your recommender's contact information will be collected during the online application process. Each recommender will receive an email from UD requesting that they upload their letter of recommendation through a secure application portal.
- A statement of purpose (max. 750 words)
- A portfolio of at least 15-20 representative works
- Official transcripts sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office from each college or university attended by the applicant (even if no credit or degree was earned)
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree is prerequisite for entering the Master of Arts in Art program.
International9060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9060 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National9060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9060 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Dallas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.