We've founded the program on the premise that as a prospective teacher you will need a socially critical liberal education, thorough knowledge of your chosen discipline, knowledge of educational theory and practice, and a complex understanding of social institutions. You will also need habits of mind that include life-loving spirit, a willingness to move beyond personal comfort, and a desire to be challenged in all aspects of learning.
- MAT Program Overview
- Natural science (biology, chemistry, earth science, and physics).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
To earn an MAT degree from Colgate, you will complete:
- Three or more courses in your chosen discipline
- Between four and eight courses in educational studies (depending on previous experience and coursework)
- Two of your educational studies courses should be at the 500 level
- A special project or thesis and workshops on child abuse and violence prevention
- Fingerprinting, as required by New York State.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4074 other Masters in Education in United States
- A strong academic background in at least one area of certification, usually the equivalent of an undergraduate major concentration
- Two semesters of a foreign language or the equivalent (these courses may be transferred from another institution and must be approved by the Educational Studies Department)
- Alternatively, you may enroll in language courses as part of a longer-than-average MAT degree program
- Completion of the aptitude section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Unless geographic distance prohibits, an interview is usually required
- A background in the social, cultural, and developmental foundations of education is also desirable (some students will acquire this background in the program)
International61594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61594 USD per year during 24 months.
National61594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61594 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.