Through this Literacy Education program at Frostburg State University you will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to be certified as a reading specialist, literary coach or reading teacher. In addition to your core of nine credits in professional education, you will complete the 21-credit literacy core, a three-credit capstone master's research paper/project or thesis and three elective credit hours. The program is highly experiential and requires extensive interaction with students one evening per week through a two-semester reading clinic.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates job growth of 13% through 2022 for instructional coordinators who specialize in reading. This is slightly higher than the average growth expected across all occupations. This means if you are a K-12 reading specialist who assesses reading abilities and prescribes curriculum to improve skills, your career prospects are favorable.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children’s Literature
- Foundations of Teaching Reading
- Teaching Reading in the Content Areas
- Diagnosis and Correction of Reading Difficulties
- New Literacies: Integrating 21st Century Skills
- Reading Clinic
- Principles and Practices of Research
- Developmental Theory and Experiential Growth
- Cultural and Technological Awareness in the Context of Global Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no deadlines for application; however incomplete applications may result in a delay in your start date.
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Literature View 3762 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (2.75 -2.99 can be considered for provisional admission)
- Hold a certification in teaching and or be eligible to be certified – Provide Praxis II scores and/or copy of teacher certification.
International560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 USD per credit during 12 months.
National560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 560 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State437 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 437 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.