- Full time graduate Frostburg State University students will spend more than 300 hours in the classroom working with special needs students, including a practicum experience.
- Complete a capstone action research project exploring a special education classroom need, researching potential solutions, proposing and implementing your plan and analyzing outcomes.
- Learn to diagnose educational difficulties in children and be able to prescribe educational programs to meet the needs of individual students.
- Gain classroom skills for effectively teaching students with special needs.
- Acquire the skills needed to serve as an inclusion resource teacher for general education classroom teachers at this Special Education program.
- Join our Phi Delta Kappa chapter, which is the international fraternity for men and women in education. The organization actively promotes the interests and education of professional educators.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates 8 percent growth in positions for special education teachers through 2026. Growth will be driven by continued demand for special education instructors to help those facing learning, mental, emotional and physical challenges in the classroom, and retirement of those currently holding such positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Characteristics of Exceptional Children
- Introduction to the Education of Exceptional Children
- Assessment, Diagnosis and Evaluation of Exceptional Children
- Instructional Content and Practices for Exceptional Children
- Planning and Managing the Teaching and Learning Environment
- Managing Student Behavior and Social Interaction Skills
- Seminar in Special Education
- Principles and Practices of Research
- Developmental Theory and Experiential Growth
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no deadlines for application; however, incomplete applications may result in a delay in your start date.
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 638 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (2.75 -2.99 can be considered for provisional admission)
- Hold a certification in teaching and or be eligible to be certified – Provide Praxis II scores and/or copy of teacher certification required.
Hold a certification in teaching and or be eligible to be certified – Provide Praxis II scores and/or copy of teacher certification required.
International560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 560 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National560 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 560 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State437 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 437 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.