Through a carefully designed sequence of courses and experiences, graduates of Literacy programme of Providence College will be prepared to meet the literacy needs of students in elementary, middle, and secondary classrooms.
The program reflects a commitment to the integration of literacy theory, curriculum, and practice with methods of research and inquiry. In addition, participants will develop the leadership skills necessary to organize and support school wide literacy programs.
The program has been designed so students can complete all of the requirements in as few as 1.5 years or as many as 5 years. The typical teacher in the program will complete it in 3 years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Literacy
- Models and Processes of Literacy
- Best Practices Primary Grades
- Fostering Cultural Awareness and Development: Diverse Literatures K-12
- Best Practice Middle / Secondary Schools
- Understanding Learning Differences and Responsive Pedagogy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Research View 324 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Online application
- Application fee of $55.00: Waived for applications submitted by October 15th
- Teacher evaluation (most recent) with response option
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a school administrator)
- Professional statement
- Copy of teacher certification
- Interview / presentation
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 18 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 470 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for North Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.