Southeastern's Master of Arts in Teaching, Special Education - Early Interventionist: Birth-5 program is an alternative program leading to Louisiana teaching certification in early intervention. A strong emphasis is placed on relevant field experiences throughout the program. Students are required to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to have a positive impact on student achievement in children birth through five years old.
Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation / National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and Council for Exceptional Children
This program has been recognized as one of the best online SPED Master's Programs in the nation!
Course objectives and learner outcomes are aligned with COMPASS/Louisiana Components of Effective Teaching, Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium and College of Education Conceptual Framework
Southeastern Louisiana University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Southeastern is a Level V institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Educational Research
- Advanced Child Development and Learning
- Foundations of Early Education for Young Children with Disabilities
- Teaming, Physical, and Medical Management
- Families in Early Intervention: Sociocultural Partnerships and Interdisciplinary Perspectives
- Foundations of Early Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3490 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application Fee
- Proof of Immunization Compliance
- Financial Statement of Support
- Transcripts and Official Records
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores
- SAT or ACT Scores
- Health Insurance
- Official transcripts are required from all previously attended institutions. 2.5 cumulative undergrad GPA or 2.75 on last 60 hrs of coursework
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- It is your responsibility to determine the transcripts that Southeastern currently has & provide transcripts from other institutions attended.
- GRE scores are required for all applicants
International12476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6238 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National12476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6238 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4619 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.