It is a full-time, on-campus graduate program and features a curriculum that integrates research, evidence-based clinical experiences, and a focus on serving diverse populations. Students benefit from faculty who are teaching courses and supervising in their primary areas of research and clinical interests.
The NCCU Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic provides speech, language, and hearing evaluations and treatment services for monolingual and bilingual clients from birth through adult age. Additionally, the Department of CSD offers online prerequisite courses needed to apply for admission to most graduate programs in speech-language pathology.
Upon participating in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders from North Carolina Central University, graduates will be able to:
- Provide preventative, diagnostic, and rehabilitative services to persons exhibiting speech, language, and swallowing disorders according to practices in the profession
- Assess evidence-based information collected through a variety of sources during professional clinical practices
- Provide culturally responsive services to a culturally diverse group of clients and other stakeholders
- Apply ethical and professional behaviors according to adopted standards in the profession
- Exhibit research, advocacy, and leadership skills according to commonly accepted practices in the profession
The Department of Communication Disorders is fully accredited in the area of speech-language pathology by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Speech and Language Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 226 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- All application materials must now be submitted through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) website.
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended directly to CSDCAS. You must submit an official transcript even if you have only taken one course at the institution.
- Answer all questions and provide all requested supplemental information.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Upload a personal statement in the "Documents" section of CSDCAS. Your statement must address the prompt provided in the CSDCAS application.
- A personal interview may be required. Applicants will be notified after the application deadline to schedule an online interview if needed. Interviews will commence in February and will likely be virtual.
International14136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7068 USD per semester during 12 months.
National14136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7068 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2113 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.