All Occupational Safety Management majors at the University of Central Missouri are awarded the Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) designation upon application at graduation. GSP is an alternate path toward the professional certification of Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
Only students who graduate from a Qualified Academic Program meeting the standards of the Board of Certified Safety Professionals are eligible for the GSP designation, making it highly respected.
UCM and the Safety Sciences programs have excellent placement rates. Our students are extremely competitive in the job market and have earned excellent starting salaries.
Program Student Outcomes
At the time of graduation, the student with a Master of Science degree in Occupational Safety Management will be able to:
- anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and develop control strategies for hazardous conditions and work practices;
- demonstrate the application of business and risk management concepts;
- demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental aspects of safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, fire science, hazardous materials, emergency management, ergonomics, and/or human factors;
- design and evaluate safety, health, and/or environmental programs;
- apply adult learning theory to safety training methodology;
- identify and apply appropriate standards, regulations, and codes;
- conduct accident investigations and analyses;
- Organization, Administration and Supervision of Safety Programs
- Principles of Industrial Hygiene
- Occupational Hazard Management
- Sustainability and Safety Loss Control & Risk Management
- Research in Safety
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 2391 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited University with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Professional Certification Area – Admission into this Area requires current possession of any of the following designations or certifications in good standing: Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Work Experience Area
International18810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 313 USD per credit during 12 months.
All application materials should be received by Graduate Studies at least three weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.
Living costs for Warrensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.