This includes exciting fields such as agriculture education, business education, family consumer sciences education, health sciences education, marketing education, engineering and technology education, and skilled technical sciences. With three options for specialization, this highly customizable degree will be adapted to meet your career goals.
As an educational leadership degree, engage in debate over historical and current issues, trends, and topics in CTE as you learn from student-centered faculty. Examine and evaluate existing policy, analyze your current curriculum, methods, and assessment strategies, and lead your colleagues as you promote CTE at the local, state, and national levels.
Program Learning Outcomes
The knowledge and skills obtained in the Master of Science degree in Career and Technology Education at the University of Central Missouri will help you:
- gain an overview of the CTE field, including secondary, postsecondary, and adult education
- investigate and reflect on historical and current issues, trends, and topics in CTE in order to develop one’s personal philosophy in CTE
- develop, analyze, and implement curricular and instructional components consistent with curriculum and assessment design practices and theory
- employ data literacy strategies to develop supportive learning environments and to improve learning. (e.g. Financial, programmatic, instructional, employment)
- locate, critique, evaluate, and create scholarly writing/scientific research in the field of CTE
- lead, develop, and/or participate in collaborative activities with CTE stakeholders
- Special Projects in Career and Technical Education
- Curriculum & Assessment
- New Teacher Institute
- Curriculum & Methods
- Teaching/Administration Intern
- Curriculum, Methods and Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Students Staying in Their Home Country deadline: 2-3 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3477 other Masters in Education in United States
- To be accepted to this program, students must have no fewer than 15 approved undergraduate or graduate hours in the major field of study, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Students must also have a minimum grade point average of 2.50 in the undergraduate major or a 3.00 grade point average during the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate study.
- Applicants who do not meet any of the preceding criteria must achieve a 3.50 graduate grade point average during their first 12 semester hours of graduate study which must include required degree courses.
- In addition, applicants must submit two professional letters of recommendation and a personal letter of intent describing how this degree will assist them in meeting their career goals
International11820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 394 USD per credit during 12 months.
National11820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 394 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Warrensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.