With the growing global economy, studying international law in a dynamic, multi-cultural city that is home to the busiest land and port entry in the world is a unique opportunity for U.S. attorneys. USD was recently recognized as 1 of only 5 universities to receive NAFSA's 2015 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization.
The award is given annually to schools that are "making significant, well-planned, well-executed, and well-documented progress toward comprehensive internationalization."
Our International Law program at University of San Diego was highlighted in an article published by the International Jurist: The Great American Experience.
Career and Professional Development
The Office of Career and Professional Development works closely with students and alumni to offer career guidance and support for in-school and post-graduate employment. The office also works closely with all types of employers to meet their ever-changing hiring needs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Comparative Law
- Immigration Clinic I
- Immigration Clinic II
- International Asia-Pacific Commercial Arbitration
- International Business Transactions
- International Contracts
- International Human Rights
- International Negotiation
- International Trade and Investment
- Transitional Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 82 other Masters in International Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A candidate for this LLM degree must successfully complete 24 credit hours of appropriate coursework
- Required courses: Public International Law and International Business Transactions
- 4 of the 24 credits must fulfill a written work requirement, which may be satisfied by a minimum of two research papers in the area of international law
- 15 of the 24 credits must come from approved elective courses in the area of international law
- Remaining credits may be chosen from our elective offerings
- Full details of the degree requirements may be found in the School of Law Academic Rules in the Student Handbook
International1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1960 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1960 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.