We are interested in working with inquisitive and enthusiastic students who plan to pursue:
- professional careers in research and teaching
- applied areas of industrial research and development
The department also offers courses emphasizing research—including thesis research and independent study in special topics.
You'll be encouraged to participate in faculty research in areas such as theoretical and computational physics—including atomic physics, relativity, high-energy and gravitational physics, and traffic modeling. Most students are supported by teaching or research assistantships.
Under the guidance of a graduate advisor, in the Physics program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth you will follow a course of study and research that is in harmony with your own background and goals. The size of our program fosters close personal contacts among students and faculty.
Our program's part-time option is geared toward students who are already professionally active but wish to enhance their knowledge base in the field.
The program's objectives are to:
- provide a research-oriented master's program with diverse research opportunities
- prepare graduates for professional positions in industry and teaching
- prepare graduates to pursue PhD programs in physics and related fields
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electric and Magnetic Fields
- Methods and Strategies for Physics Teachers
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Elements of Solid State Physics
- Special Topics in Physics
- Physics of Ocean Boundary Layers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 400 other Masters in Physics in United States
- We suggest that our applicants have a 3.0 GPA but this is not a firm requirement
- An undergraduate degree in physics is not required for admission to or support in the MS in Physics program. Many of our most successful students have earned undergraduate degrees in other fields, usually in engineering or a closely-related science, such as mechanical engineering, mathematics, or computer science.
- Statement of purpose: 300 - 600 words
- Official transcripts: from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- Official GRE score: sent directly from ETS; copies/scans not accepted
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly from ETS or testing agency
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 12 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.