This dual degree develops expertise at the nexus of public health and social work. The goal of this Social Work - Public Health program at University of Alaska Anchorage is to train leaders who have the skills and competencies to address many of the social and public health problems facing the state of Alaska, this nation and the world.
- An advantage of the dual MSW/MPH option is that by mutual agreement between the two programs, some courses count toward graduation requirements in both programs.
- Thus the time to complete both degrees and the total number of credits required has been reduced.
- Public Health and Society
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Health Services Administration
- Circumpolar Health Issues
- Biostatistics for Health Professionals
- Principles of Epidemiology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health View 544 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Students must apply separately and meet the admission requirements of both the MSW and MPH programs. See those programs for specific requirements.
International27694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 36 months.
National27694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 36 months.
In-State13167 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 513 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Anchorage
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.