Students in Rider’s Applied Psychology graduate program learn how to apply behavioral principles to solve performance problems, build new behaviors and strengthen existing appropriate behaviors. Students will gain a compassionate understanding of individual differences and the skills needed to develop strategies that will impact behavior and learning.
Applied Psychology Highlights:
Provides training in evidence-based practices in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to support to clients, community members and family members across a variety of settings
Designed to fill the critical need for highly trained behavior analysts
Prepares students for certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Career opportunities include working with children with autism spectrum disorders
Special career opportunities:
In recent years, applied behavior analysis (ABA) has shown remarkable success in helping students learn, particularly children with autism spectrum disorders, as well as individuals with other developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and brain injuries. With the growing number of children and adults presenting with unique behavioral challenges and requiring additional supports, mental health providers, agencies and school districts are increasingly seeking the services of professionals with highly specialized training in ABA.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis
- Principles of Learning
- Observational Methods and Functional Assessment
- Single Subject Research Design and Analysis
- Creating Effective and Ethical Behavior Intervention
- Language Assessment and Intervention
- Social Skills Assessment and Intervention
- Field Placement in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Psychological Tests
- Interventions for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Health Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 899 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Complete the Application
- Transcripts must have the official school seal and be translated to English.
- Photocopies are only accepted when attested by the college or university.
- Submit Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Submit personal statement
- Submit a current resume
- Submit proof of finances
International900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National900 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 900 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.